Services Offered

Stage Safety

Recently we have seen a Peavey combo which had been gigged to within an inch of its life with a fault description of  ” I keep getting a shock when I touch a microphone”

First we did a safety test which it failed , this was found to be that the mains lead earth connection had been ripped out of its securing grommet & the main earth of the amp broken therefore there was “No Earth”.

The chassis was removed to reveal that the smoothing capacitors on the  power supply board were broken away from their solder joints, if  the loose end had come into contact with the metal chassis  it would make the chassis live and potentially fatal.

This is one example of dozens that we have seen over the years & from our experience we would advise anyone using mains equipment to at least have it safety tested to ensure that you dont get a shock or worse as it happens all the time!